Saturday, December 31, 2016

What I'm Reading: December 2016 #2


This is my  bi-weekly series to share with you whatever I’m reading that has either interested, entertained, or angered me.  I’ll talk about the book I’m reading, articles I’ve read, blog posts I’ve liked, interesting videos, ect.  This is one of my favorite type of posts to read on other people’s blog, so I hope you will find some links you enjoy!
Want to know what else I’m reading? Be my friend on Medium and Bloglovin’ and Goodreads for more!

Books:

I finished up reading Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes.  She is definitely on my badass role model list.  Wow, I love Rhimes and I am so inspired by her.  I am definitely going to re-read this book over and over again for the rest of my life because its lessons will always be relevant.

I also started reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell on Christmas Eve and finished it up Christmas morning, which in my opinion is the definition of a perfect Christmas.

Around the internet:

Love Sylvia Plath? Here's a zine dedicated to Plath and the girls who love her ---> The College Girl Mentality

I really want to just road trip around the US and hike EVERYTHING ---> My Favorite Hikes Around the US

Your brain structure changes when you're pregnant, apparently.  Brains are so cool.

Caitlin Moran on how we as a society communicate: through langrage (aka hateful talk where the only objective is to be right)

"Hillary Clinton acted as if women could be presidents of the United States, for God’s sake. Of course we had to take her down."

In case you don't have enough of your own family drama, you can watch Gilmore Girls Christmas episodes ranked by the amount of family tension.


Have you read anything interesting lately?