Thursday, December 6, 2018

blogging in a bubble

Kalambaka, Greece

I want to write more.

I want to have a record of my life that's a bit more polished and has a few more pictures than my journal (which has zero polish and zero pictures because journaling nicely takes EFFORT, man).

Which means I need to blog more.

And in order to blog more, I need to quit caring. I need to quit worrying about the hyper-judgemental reader in my mind that is just so MEAN and thinks everything I do and say is DUMB and frivolous and no one CARES what this overly opinionated, oversharing girl from America cares about anything, anyways. Obviously, I don't think any of those things about myself, but that mean person reading this from their dirty computer in their dim living room (mean people never have bright living rooms) thinks all those things about me and more. How rude.

But I NEED to quit focusing on the opinions of this person that does not exist. I never post when I'm focusing on that critical, faceless person, hence my sporadic and spare blogging.

The only person that matters is 40, 50, 60 year old me looking back on the tales of her youth. I need to write for old lady me. She's probably really cute and likes a good story.

So here I am, writing short posts about my day to day life and travels and not giving a damn about any other reader but my future self.

Onwards!