Saturday, March 11, 2017

rest and be thankful


Blame it on my millennial-ness, but I catch myself being way too ungrateful way too often.

I find myself getting bored easily.  Spacing out as the beautiful mountains pass.  Taking a nap instead of looking at more sheep (I love sheep).

It's so easy to think "oh it's just another cloudy day", "cool, another castle", or "ugh this class is so boring".

Sometimes, you just need a mountain and a little bit of sunshine to remind you that you are so lucky to be in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, learning at one of the best universities from professors who have their own extensive Wikipedia pages.

If you find yourself complaining a little too much or getting down in the dumps, just pull over on the side of the road.  Rest and be thankful.