Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Glasgow Week 10: Robert Burns' Hometown

Culzean Castle with the typically moody Scottish sky 

Different week, different essays to write.  I wasn't joking when I said most of my March will be spent writing.  And not the fun kind of writing.  The assigned kind.  I'm trucking along at about 1,000 words a day.  Onward and upwards, amiright?

Saturday was a class trip to Robert Burns' birth cottage and museum.  We also walked around the small graveyard where his parents are buried.

We then moved on to Culzean Castle (as seen above), which was really cool and updated.  It can be rented out for weddings for anywhere from £500-£6000.  Which is a lot cheaper than I expected.  The third floor is off limits for the tour because that's the level people stay on for weddings/for fun.

Sunday was a paper writing day again.  I know I'm here for study abroad but doing actual work is still a pain.  But oh well, I shouldn't complain.  I need to take a step back and be thankful!


What did you do this week?