Thursday, January 19, 2017

Glasgow's free museums are the best

windows in the Gallery of Modern Art

I've spent a lot of time these past two weeks either a) at museums, b) walking to and from museums, and c) trying to find WiFi because "I swear there's a museum around here somewhere I just can't find it".

Glasgow has such a great free museum system and they're all incredibly walk-able.
The past two days I've been to the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) and the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum.

the GoMA at night is the most beautiful
a beautiful way of looking at photographs. you're capturing the universe with each picture.
hands down (or should I say...hands titty) the best sculpture I'm ever going to see

I definitely prefer the Kelvingrove over the GoMA.  Partially because it's A LOT closer to where I live and also because I'm more into landscape portraits and history than I am modern art.  One of the GoMA's exhibitions is currently under maintenance and two of the three opened exhibitions were video focused.  I'm more of a sculpture and oil-on-canvas type of gal.

I've also been to the Riverside Museum and the St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art.  Next on my list is The Hunterian, which should be easy to get to since it's literally inside my university.


What are your favorite museums?  Which ones do you want to visit?