Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Glasgow Week 2: I love graveyards

Photo bMichael D Beckwith on Unsplash


Voltaire & Rousseau
On Wednesday, the day after my overly emotional post, I went in search of the infamous bookstore seen above and ended up finding two bookstores on the same street!

the sun is prettier in Scotland
The next day I walked to city center by myself and bought a better pair of walking shoes.

Eve's buttcrack in the Botanic Gardens
The day after that I went to Waterstones to buy a guidebook to help me make the most of my days here.  After a lot of page comparisons, I decided that Rough Guides has a lot more relevant information than Lonely Planet guidebooks (at least for Scotland).  I've been using washi tape to mark the pages of places I want to go and highlighting the entries of places I've already been.  Hopefully all the white pages will be covered in highlighter by the time I get home!



On Saturday I watched the sunset from the top of the Necropolis and honestly it changed me as a person.



I saw a man on the Necropolis with his luggage so he either came there straight from the airport or wanted it to be the last thing he saw.  Either way, he had the right idea.  I'm going to make it my goal to see as many sunsets from this viewpoint as possible.