Thursday, March 19, 2020

Consume This #11 (Quarantine Edition)



It's been a while since I posted one of these! I figured that since I'm self-quarantined for the next 14 days (3 down, 11 to go!), now would be a good time to share articles that I've been reading. By the end of self-quarantine Day 1 I was already bored out of my mind, so hopefully this list will help you out and keep you entertained, at least for an hour or two.

R E A D I N G

how much can you really pay for quality?
this short story called Anne Boleyn Could Drink You Under the Table by Jules Archer
about audiobooks and snobbery and time
It Only Took 7 Social Media Platforms for Us to Fall in Love
this profile of Robert Pattinson is my favorite and I still love him
How to Make a Life From Scratch, a refugee story
have a little Rebecca Solnit as a treat
love this piece from Current Affairs about nation-states and borders
the Rules of dating and the painful ordeal of being known
How to Live on $36,000 a Year by F. Scott Fitzgerald (wow he really is a good writer, I should read more of his nonfiction)
the Catholic church should abolish the priesthood (can't argue with that!)
a fascinating story about the AIDS epidemic

W A T C H I N G  &  L I S T E N I N G

Daniel Sloss' Netflix specials (he's now in my top 3 with John Mulaney and Ali Wong)
Niall Horan's new album Heartbreak Weather

____________________________________________________

And with that, I have no more tabs open on my phone! I checked the dates and I opened some of them two freaking years ago. Can't believe it took a damn pandemic to get me to read half these articles.

I hope you all are going well. Godspeed everyone.