Tuesday, February 28, 2017

What I'm Reading: February 2017 #2

Photo by Dmitri Popov

Books:

I started When Breath Becomes Air, and this is definitely one of my favorite books ever.  Paul was an English and Neuroscience double major, like moi, so I feel connected to him in that aspect.

I've also started The Rules Do Not Apply, but I'm not far enough into really say anything yet.  I like the writing, though.

Articles:

Romantic comedies aren't dead, they're just different

How Doctors Take Women's Pain Less Seriously.  This article pissed me off SO MUCH and needs to be required reading for all medical students.

Liberal, blue cities are good examples of decentralized government, so technically Republicans should be supportive of giving cities more local power.

To any future spouses out there, don't ask my dad for permission before you propose.

These books have greatly increased in sales since Trump became president.  I definitely need to reread 1984 since its been awhile since 11th grade English.  Rebecca Solnit’s Hope in the Dark is also on my to-read list along with Sinclair Lewis' It Can't Happen Here.

Women can wear now wear pants, but we still can't wear whatever we want.

Blogs:

Laura Jane Williams, whose book Becoming I posted about a few days ago, has started to do little daily posts on her blog.  She's one of my favorites, so it's so much fun to get words from her more often.

Will I include Brenna in every round up that I do?  Probably.  It's not my fault she's always coming out with the good #content!  This week she posted about being unmarried and childless in her 30's.  I'm still in my 20's, but I can relate so hard and can see myself relating even harder when I'm 30.

Kristabel's experience on being a black British blogger

Videos:


Just one or two sentences a day is better than nothing at all!

Life:

I've started doing Yoga with Adriene videos on youtube to hopefully help with my back and shoulder pain.  (That was such an adult sentence goodbye.)  Also, I'm hoping that doing yoga videos will help me feel less guilty about not going to the gym.  (Which, funnily enough, as I'm editing this in the library I just got back from the gym for the first time this semester.)

Quotes:

“Always keep your eyes open. Keep watching. Because whatever you see can inspire you.”
-Grace Coddington