Thursday, May 23, 2019

Today is Thursday


Osan

I haven't posted in forever because I am constantly thinking about The Reader. The Reader is a person looking at my blog, maybe a family member, maybe an acquaintance from college, maybe a stranger, and they are having thoughts that I cannot control. No matter how many sentences I type, I cannot control what they think of me. So I draft countless upon countless of blog posts in my head but never bang them out on my Chromebook, since this faceless Reader paralyzes me. 

If there's one thing I want in life it is to be prolific. I want to live in many places and hike many mountains and read many books and learn many languages (I'll be happy with just ONE other language) and make as many people laugh as possible. 

I also want to be that bitch that blogs a lot. I want to be that bitch who curses on her private blog without worrying if her grandma will be disappointed if she ever reads it. I'm not that bitch yet, but I'm working on it. 

I'm learning Korean and even though my progress feels so painfully slow I know I'm making more progress than I realize. I can understand at least SOME bits of every conversation I hear at work. I can understand the simple sentences my kids say in class when they are confused. My pronunciation isn't good but I'm trying. Every day my desk buddy asks me "What day is it?" (in Korean, of course). Today I said, "Today is Thursday."

Three people clapped for me. Today IS Thursday.