Saturday, May 25, 2019

Consume This #10


I haven't posted a 'Consume This' in FOREVER but I have so many open tabs on my computer AND phone (I checked and the oldest tab open on my phone is from April 2018, yikes) that I've been meaning to read so I figured I might as well share. I used to do a 'Consume This' round up every two weeks but I'm going to only curate them whenever I need to do a thorough digital purge. Onwards!

R E A D I N G

Dear Eros: a poem

an interview with Laura Jane Williams

Eating Alone in Paris

on ayn rand

What you need to know if you're unsure about having kids

author of Call Me By Your Name writes about the letters he's received from fans

a very cynical review of Call Me By Your Name (I've been in a mood, if you can't tell) and even though I wholeheartedly disagree with the review, the comments on the post are SO SMART (I forgot to add the link and now I CAN'T FIND THE REVIEW)

religious close-mindedness

I Travel the Open Road blogspot (it's a blog by a woman I met once last summer and she is just so beautiful and fascinating and I hope she doesn't get trackback links because her seeing this would be very embarrassing!!!)

The Myth of Traveling Light

the entire Unpacking series on Buzzfeed is high quality

Yvette Borup Andrews: a travel photographer in the early 1900s whose contributions are rarely talked about

Having an Abortion 7 Months Pregnant (my heart is BROKEN and I can't wait to go into the public health field someday and fight to make sure ALL women have safe and easy access to healthcare)

How Hostelworld is bad for owners AND customers (ALWAYS book directly when you can)

for the love of god please get a TINY bit of exercise a day

I've Wasted My Whole Life

I Want to Be Rich and I'm Not Sorry (mood)

a long article that sums up why I hate that "Girl, Wash Your Face" book

W A T C H I N G  &  L I S T E N I N G

Q U O T E

"Height is just a length." - Pang