Friday, December 21, 2018

2019 Goals


Resolutions are fun but do you know what's even better? Attainable goals!!!

Like every other human in the world, I've made the mistake of setting lofty goals and then forgetting all about them and/or giving up before the Christmas tree has even had the chance to die.

Here are the 5 things I know I can achieve in 2019!
  1. read 52 books
    1. 40 physical books
    2. 12 audiobooks
  2. quit biting my nails for once and for all
  3. get a manicure
  4. quit reading reviews on Goodreads! You don't agree with most people's opinions and tastes quit fooling yourself! I HATE going into a new book with other people's opinions swirling around in my brain, so I'm only going to use Goodreads for tracking my reading progress in 2019. 
  5. post on my blog at least once every 2 weeks. Not even for me to feel ~pressured~ but enough to force me to share little bits of my life and travels with y'all! As I talked about in my blogging in a bubble post, I want to 
I'm hanging out at my grandma's house a lot!
I can't really think of anything else! Who knows where I'll go in 2019, so all of my goals have to be location-independent. I'm honestly really happy with how I'm living my life and the direction I'm going in. Sorry if this sounds like a self-brag, but I spent so many years not being happy or content so I'm not going to be quiet about it now! I'm doing well with getting consistent exercise (20 minutes a day, no matter what!) and eating lots of fruit and vegetables (smoothies are key) and reading a lot and refusing to be ignorant about topics that I think are important (retirement, the stock market, global women's health, feminism, et al.). As long as I continue doing what I'm already doing in 2019, I'll be one fulfilled gal!

Cheers to 2019, y'all. Let's make it one filled with friends, books, and laughter.